Craft-On at ETSY in Brooklyn

Please join us on the third Thursday of every month from 5-8 pm.
We’ll be at Etsy Labs!

55 Washington Street, Suite 712 in DUMBO Brooklyn

This place is AMAZING! The labs are home to all kinds of special tools & equipment, plus lots of donated supplies for us to use (but it would be a good idea to bring thread & stuff if you want to use the sewers). They are all about encouraging people to make stuff, just like us, so we get to have this special event every month where access to all of their goodies is totally free. If you like it there you can always go back for their Monday Craft Nights.

There is lots of big tables & chairs to spread out on. Our meetings are a casual drop in affair, come any time, bring anyone, bring anything you are working on or come & just check out what everyone else is up to. Snacks are welcome.

Sign up for the monthly e-mail update here.

Please e-mail the Very Esteemed Callie Janoff for more information.

Can’t wait to see you there!

23 Comments

1. Posted November 17, 2008 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

HI Callie
    Great to meet you tonight and learn about the Church of Craft. It just sounds so right! Please put me on your mailing list so I can stay in touch and check it all out.
    All best
    Judy

2. Armineh de Boer
    Posted December 29, 2008 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Please put me on your mailing list.

3. Posted December 29, 2008 at 8:18 pm | Permalink

I’ve added you to the list. You can always subscribe or unsubscribe to any of our lists right on this here page, scroll down, the form is on the right. Thank you!

4. Wendy Louie
    Posted January 10, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Hi please add me to your mailing list. I would love to come to your next church of craft meeting.

Thanks,
    Wendy

5. Jane Wallace
    Posted January 14, 2009 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Please add me to the Church of Craft mailing list-very sorry to hear the classes are being discontinued at Etsy before I had a chance to do one-tho the third ward venue sounds interesting!
    Thanks,Jane

6. Posted January 14, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Hi Jane,

Thanks for your comment. *Please note* anyone can SIGN UP FOR THE EMAIL LIST by using the form on this page. Just scroll down, it is on the right hand side.

And I hear ya. We are bummed about the shift at Etsy too, but we will still be meeting there for now as planned, every first Sunday of the month. But yeah, Third Ward is super cool!

yhs
    Callie

7. Jessica
    Posted January 23, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

please add to list

8. Mary Elizabeth Simpson
    Posted February 19, 2009 at 11:10 am | Permalink

Please add me to your mailing list. Thanks!

9. Posted April 17, 2009 at 7:25 pm | Permalink

It sounds like a great venue & adventure Maybe I will have some fabric to share if there is room,.. There are some links on my laptop that I can share as well one is great for computer artists: photoshop.com ::: picture modification technology 4ll “Free as well”

10. muriel
    Posted November 21, 2009 at 8:04 pm | Permalink

please add me to the church of craft ny mailing list.
    thanks!

11. Posted November 8, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Permalink

How can I know whats pallend in the next craft night?

12. Posted November 8, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

Hi Neomi. Church of Craft at Etsy is always open craft time. If you want any meeting specifics, your best bet is to subscribe to the New York chapter’s email list, the form is on the right at the bottom of the page. The Etsy Labs also has their own schedule of craft night activities, so check in with those cats for their plans for other craft nights.

13. Posted March 6, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Permalink

i so envy you! i used to go to church of craft in portland with the lovely and talented Sister Dianne Gilliland. it was soooo wonderful. miss it terribly. best of luck to you all!

14. Jordan White
    Posted March 7, 2012 at 6:49 am | Permalink

I always try to be positive in my comments, but everyone has limits. Just want to say that, as a Christian, I find it highly offensive that you would use “church” in your name, and then have a skull as an icon. The church, as a form of community fellowship, was formed by God, and it shouldn’t be mocked.

15. nina
    Posted March 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

@Jordan White:
    the word “Church” used here is not in the religious context but in the context of an ASSEMBLY. A gathering together of people if you will. Not necessary to get all huffy, I am sure no one meant any disrespect to Churches in general. The skull is an affirmation of eternal life in many major religions. Mocking death as the end.
    Also God did not create the “church”, man did.

16. Danielle
    Posted August 9, 2012 at 7:51 am | Permalink

Are these Craft-On at ETSY meet-ups still happening each month (will there be one on 8/16/12)? I see this post is from a while back, but I thought I read somewhere that this was still going on. Please let me know, because I’d love to attend! Thank you :)

17. Posted August 9, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

i would very much like to come next thursday, august 16th! and please add me to your mailing list!

18. Posted August 16, 2012 at 8:29 am | Permalink

Anyone bring kids to this? Quiet and/or sleeping babes I mean. :) Thanks!

19. Immis Atelier
    Posted September 15, 2012 at 8:34 am | Permalink

I would love to attend. Should I send an email?

20. Gregory McAndrew
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 10:56 am | Permalink

I would love to chack out your spot
    please e-mail me all neccessary info
    thanks a million

21. Shirley
    Posted September 30, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

Please add me to your maling list..

Shirley

22. Posted October 3, 2012 at 4:32 am | Permalink

Would love to learn more about this…thank you

23. Karina
    Posted October 13, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Permalink

I love to saw and I would love to come to the lab on Thursday but I would like to know if I can bring my 6 yo daughter. Thanks

5 Trackbacks

1. By HandMAD « Continuous Thread on February 20, 2009 at 9:56 am

[…] the film there was a panel discussion moderated by Callie Janoff, the esteemed reverend of the Church of Craft NYC, who asked all the consumption and economic questions I always want to ask but many crafters […]

2. […] at Etsy Labs7/28: Nautical Craft Night at South Street Seaport (sponsored by Hancock Fabrics)8/01: Church of Craft meeting at Etsy […]

3. […] Events with the Etsy Labs:11/15: Dye Craft Night with Textile Arts Center11/16: Church of Craft meeting at Etsy Labs11/22: Open Craft Night 11/29: Craft Night is […]

4. […] Events with the Etsy Labs:11/16: Church of Craft meeting at Etsy Labs 11/22: Open Craft Night 11/29: Craft Night is Cancelled12/6: Painting Porcelain […]

5. […] Pebeo12/13: Pet Portrait Embroidery with Cindy Steiler from Craft-In12/20: Open Craft Night12/21: Church of Craft meeting at Etsy […]